building rn for A/UX 2.0

Alexis Rosen alexis at panix.uucp
Tue Oct 2 15:35:57 AEST 1990

In article <460 at afsg.apple.com> ron at afsg.apple.com (Ron Flax) writes:
>Here is a set of diffs to make rn work properly on A/UX
>2.0.. (A/UX 1.1, too)...
>
>*** rn.c	Sat Sep  1 21:29:41 1990
>--- ../rn.c	Sat Sep  1 22:04:39 1990
>***************
>*** 78,83
>      register char *s;
>      bool oh_for_the_good_old_days = FALSE;
>
>      if (maxngtodo)
>  	starthere = 0;
>      else if (!foundany) {		/* nothing to do? */
>
>--- 78,86 -----
>      register char *s;
>      bool oh_for_the_good_old_days = FALSE;
>
>+ #ifdef _AUX_SOURCE
>+     set42sig();
>+ #endif
>      if (maxngtodo)
>  	starthere = 0;
>      else if (!foundany) {		/* nothing to do? */
>*** term.c	Sat Sep  1 21:29:04 1990
>--- ../term.c	Sat Sep  1 22:39:24 1990
>***************
>*** 753,765
>      for (;;) {
>  	int_count = 0;
>  	errno = 0;
>! 	if (read_tty(whatbuf,1) < 0)
>! 	    if (!errno)
>! 	        errno = EINTR;
>! 	    else {
>! 	    perror(readerr);
>! 	    sig_catcher(0);
>! 	}
>  #ifdef PUSHBACK
>  	if (*whatbuf & 0200 || no_macros) {
>  	    *whatbuf &= 0177;
>
>--- 753,764 -----
>      for (;;) {
>  	int_count = 0;
>  	errno = 0;
>!         if (read_tty(whatbuf,1) < 0 && !errno)
>!             errno = EINTR;
>!         if (errno && errno != EINTR) {
>!             perror(readerr);
>!             sig_catcher(0);
>!         }
>  #ifdef PUSHBACK
>  	if (*whatbuf & 0200 || no_macros) {
>  	    *whatbuf &= 0177;

(Y'know, it's amazing how helpful some Apple folks can be when they actually
have a good product to help us with...)

Thanks, Ron, but that raises a question: What's the second patch for? And, why
did you pick that particular spot for the set42sig()? I took a quick (3 min)
look at the source and put it in init.c, right after the end of the first
ifdef, before anything gets done. Seemed to work fine, too. Is there any
reason I should go back and change it?

BTW, about my complaint that Bnews was making bad headers: the solution is
simple. Go to Cnews. It's _wonderful_!!! Henry's claim that it's 25-30
times faster than Bnews is, if anything, conservative.

Thanks again,
---
Alexis Rosen
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis