Multiple Monitors on A/UX

jdh at punjab.udev.cdc.com jdh at punjab.udev.cdc.com
Tue Oct 16 06:16:33 AEST 1990

I have read previously in this newsgroup that A/UX cannot handle multiple
monitors.  Well, we just got some Mirror PixelView IIs (19 inch black&white)
to go along with our Apple RGBs.  The two work fine together in Mac OS mode
and, as expected, only one will work in A/UX.  Now some questions:

1. Does Apple document anywhere that multiple monitors do not work?  I could
not find any reference to this in the README files, release notes, or manuals.
(I looked for references for monitor and video in the indices.)  I only heard
about this throught the net.

2. Does Apple have any plans to fix this problem?

3. The only way I can switch monitors for A/UX is to shut down, crack open the
case, and physically swap the positions of the video boards (the left most
video board is used by A/UX).  Does anyone know of a software method of
switching A/UX's monitor?

Thanks for any insight.

Jeff Holmbeck
Control Data Corporation