Do you want a working sendmail.cf for uucp & domain addresses?

Alexis Rosen alexis at panix.uucp
Sat Oct 27 16:44:18 AEST 1990

I have a sendmail.cf file on Panix (my public access unix box) that does
what everyone seems to be complaining about. In particular, it will take
domain-style addresses and hand them off properly to a machine of your
choice with a smart mailer. It works with every form of addressing I've
tried, though I haven't especially tried to break it.

There's just one problem- I don't know how it works. It has been hacked on
by any number of people, and I don't even know where it came from... I do
know that the three people responsible for making it work are (in order of
descending credit :-) Amanda Walker, David Spector, and myself. My work was
limited to diddling the macros and suchlike- the further I can stay away
from senmail rulesets, the better.

So, if you want a copy of this sendmail.cf, mail me a note. It'll be your
responsibility to modify your system-specific stuff (like the name of your
smart-mailer uucp neighbor), but that's easy enough. Also, I make _NO_
promises that it will work with any particular A/UX setup. It works with
mine, and that's all I need...

BTW, a few people complained that they built sendmail cfs with the m4 stuff.
I did this too, and got the same errors for my troubles. I had a working one,
though, and so I didn't worry too much about it. I did sent Apple a bug report,
which was of course ignored. For an otherwise outstanding product, their
total disregard of all matters relating to UUCP has been a total disgrace.
I have high hopes for 2.0.1, though...

---
Alexis Rosen
Owner/Sysadmin, PANIX Public Access Unix
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis