finder info and file dragging

Mark Sherman mss+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Oct 14 08:34:36 AEST 1990

It seems that when I drag a file from a "Mac" disk that has type TEXT to
an AUX directory and then use fcnvt to get the data fork, I always have
my new liens converted. I do not know where the process is happening,
nor do I see any way to stop it short of changing the file TYPE on the
Mac disk before moving the file. (This situation arises because the FTP
program from Stanford that I use always tags files as "TEXT".) Any
suggestions?

And while I have your attention, does someone have a list of good
Mac-specific commands to know about in 2.0, like fcnvt? I'd gladly read
the manual if I can figure out what to ask for! "apropos mac" doesn't
yield anything!

		-Mark