Using 1.1.1 file systems w/ 2.0

Alexis Rosen alexis at panix.uucp
Tue Oct 2 16:28:35 AEST 1990

Since I was so verbose in my last article, I 'll make up by being brief here:

1) To use the 1.1.1 disk with 2.0, run fsck on it. You can use sash (A/UX
Startup) for this.

2) Inside A/UX, drag the files into an A/UX disk. Cat won't help since the
data fork and Res fork are in the same A/UX (AppleSingle) file. Instead run
fcnvt on them. Check the man page, but I think you want:
fcnvt -o plain {inputfile} {outputfile}

The easiest way to do this for lots of files is to put them all in a folder,
then write a shell script which converts each one, puts it in a new folder
with the same name, and gets rid of all the .rsrc files.

---
Alexis Rosen
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis
alexis at panix.uucp