building rn for A/UX 2.0

Ron Flax ron at afsg.apple.com
Wed Oct 3 07:05:37 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct2.053557.5698 at panix.uucp> alexis at panix.uucp (Alexis Rosen) writes:
>Thanks, Ron, but that raises a question: What's the second patch for? And, why
>did you pick that particular spot for the set42sig()? I took a quick (3 min)
>look at the source and put it in init.c, right after the end of the first
>ifdef, before anything gets done. Seemed to work fine, too. Is there any
>reason I should go back and change it?

I always put the set42sig() call as the first function call since I
want to setup BSD (reliable) style signal handling from the start of
a program.

As for the second patch, that one will fix the job control bug in rn.
It used to be coded that way several patches ago.. and it worked then,
now if you don't make that patch rn barfs when you try to resume from a
suspended rn session.

--
Ron Flax
ron at afsg.apple.com