Continued problems with A/UX 2.0 and printers

rudd at calvin.Stanford.EDU rudd at calvin.Stanford.EDU
Tue Oct 30 13:59:17 AEST 1990

My earlier post requested a solution to the inability
to change to the printer port with the chooser DA.  This
continues the post.

I have received several suggestions to swap the printer
and the modem.  This was, of course, my first thought and
it had virtually no success.  I must admit that I am able
to get approximately one-half a page of text (this varies
depending upon the complexity --- it appears to be a function
of the data length...

Anyway, the result of trying to swap these is that the
system locks up.  I have tried this both with the Finder
(Print Directory) and Word (Print) under both 32 bit and
24 bit systems (Word only, 24 bits).  Resetting the machine
is not something I like to do with Unix active...  It may
be an irrational fear but I would prefer not to trash my
filesystems...

For those of you who have succeeded, it may be readily apparent
what I am doing wrong.  Please let me know (directly -- I will
sumarize when I get it all resolved if there is interest).

I guess that the easiest solution is simply to get a DVI2IW2
processor and just revert to TeX but...

Thanks for your help (past, present, and future),
  -- Kevin