UUCP on A/UX

Chris Bradley cbradley at blackbox.lonestar.org
Wed Oct 31 06:42:30 AEST 1990

In article <3654 at idunno.Princeton.EDU> marcelo at sparcwood.Princeton.EDU (Marcelo A. Gallardo) writes:
>It seems that when someone tries to call up the system at home (via
>UUCP) they get the following message... "HANDSHAKE FAILED: Remote
>Refused After Login". I'm a bit puzzled, since I can call up and start a
>session with out any problems. I thought it might be the callers
>settings may be wrong, but I can switch my setting (from 8-N-1 to 7-E-2
>and so on) and still have no problems logging in and moving about the
>system.
>
>Any ideas?

It seems that you're having a problem with the added security of A/UX's
UUCP.  You might start by taking a look at your Permissions file and see
if you have added an LOGNAME entry for the remote system, and that the
READ, WRITE, COMMANDS, SENDFILES and REQUEST fields are all correct for
that remote host.

An excellent reference for managing UUCP is found in "Managing uucp and
Usenet" (O'Reilly, T, and Todino, G.; 1990 O'Reilly and Associates).
This text is available from most computer bookstores, or you might
try to reach the publishers at nuts at ora.com.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with O'Reilly and Associates other
than as a (very) satisfied user of their publications.

--
Chris Bradley			| "There are three things which the public will
Businessland Advanced Systems	| always clamour for, sooner or later: namely,