man

John Kane jak9213 at helios.TAMU.EDU
Fri Oct 12 23:57:09 AEST 1990

In article <10690 at goofy.Apple.COM> jms at apple.com (John Michael Sovereign) writes:
>In article <8991 at helios.TAMU.EDU> jak9213 at helios.tamu.edu (John Kane)
>writes:
>> 2) Where can I get the nroff sources for the man pages that Apple has
>>    stuffed into /usr/catman/[apu]_man/man* ?
>
>Unfortunately, AT&T considers the manual page sources to be part of their
>documentation SOURCE and is, therefore, not part of the end-user binary
>license.  I wish it wasn't so....

I wonder why I have it on Sun OS, on the two Amdhal UTS machines here, on the
R6000 AIX machine, etc.

I really would like to have it. It helps when it is time to print out
a man page, or, heaven forbid, when a change has to be documented.

Hey Apple, (not flaming here, esp. not you jms) couldn't you get us the
sources? Seems like most everyone else does.

Thanks.
--
 John Arthur Kane, Systems Analyst, Microcomputer Support and Training
 Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843  (409) 845-9999

 jak9213 at helios.tamu.edu     profs: x043jk at tamvm1.tamu.edu