Misc AUX 2.0 Questions

J.Pearce at ucl-cs.UUCP J.Pearce at ucl-cs.UUCP
Thu Oct 4 04:40:36 AEST 1990

From: J.Pearce at uk.ac.ucl.cs

I am considering purchasing AUX 2.0 on CD-ROM and would appreciate
any help with a few questions.

1. With an 80M hard disk, how much can be used directly off the
   CD-ROM, and how much space will left for user files ?

2. Will AUX work with a LWIISC or do you need a postscript printer ?

3. Is 4M RAM enough, or is 8M recommended ?

4. Is it worth getting the cache card for a IIci ?

5. I know the manuals for AUX are sold separately, but does AUX
   come with a documentation for installation.

6. Are any of the AUX manuals absolutely essential - the complete
   set is rather expensive.

7. Has anyone any experience of using g++ under AUX - I'd heard it
   can be a little slow and require a large amount of virtual memory.

John R. Pearce

jpearce at uk.ac.ucl.cs

Computer Science Department
University College London