Fortran on A/UX?

Brian Bechtel blob at Apple.COM
Fri Oct 26 00:46:33 AEST 1990

alexis at panix.uucp (Alexis Rosen) writes:

>In article <45927 at apple.Apple.COM> blob at Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) writes:
>>rprohask at orion.oac.uci.edu (Robert Prohaska) writes:
>>>Does Apple provide a Fortran compiler as part of the A/UX
>>>distribution?  If so, is it any good?
>>
>>Yes, we provide f77(1).  It's as good as it ever was. :-)

>Not true, as I understand it. It's much better than it was. In 1.1, I
>think, it didn't work. Now it does.

Actually, someone in the A/UX group sent me the following message:

]Actually, our F77 is better than it ever was! We fixed all the bugs,
]ran it thru a test suite, and added the Vax F77 extensions!!!! So
]there!

So I guess the answer is "It's even better than it ever was."  :-)

--Brian Bechtel     blob at apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"