How do Mac programs get launched under A/UX? (How do they get file names?)

gft_robert at gsbacd.uchicago.edu gft_robert at gsbacd.uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 10 09:25:45 AEST 1990

-------

How do Mac programs get launched under A/UX?  And how do they get their file
names?  That is, if I use the command shell and type "Word myDoc", Word will
open myDoc.

Is "myDoc" passed to Word as a document to be opened, as it would if you had
double clicked on myDoc in MultiFinder?  Is there any way to pass more info to
a Mac program, that is, to add switches like on a Unix command line, e.g

	WhizzyApp file1 file2 -x -Z

?

I don't have access to A/UX docs at the moment, but if this sort of stuff is
documented anywhere -- or hints about programming Mac apps under A/UX in
general, I'd appreciate any leads.

Robert