A/UX 2.0 problems with /dev/ttyC? windows - system crash

Bill Mayhew wtm at uhura.neoucom.EDU
Tue Oct 23 01:07:55 AEST 1990

I received some hints about my problem from jk at apple.  It turns out
that it isn't necessary to go for the programmer's reset button if
the system console hangs when several overlapping windows update
simultaneously.  Cmd-ctrl-E will unfreeze the console.  The console
user gets logged out, but the system says up in A/UX and it is
possible to log in again with everything in a sane state.  Apparently
the console lock-up bug has been reported to tech support and a fix
may at some time become available.  I should point out that the
preceeding paragraph in no way reflects any sort of official (or
even unofficial!) policy statement on the part of Apple.

Also, thanks to the folks at Apple.  I got a call from Apple the
other day, and found out that my 30 day tech support was being
extended by an amount of time that the the machine was in the shop
being serviced durring the initial 30 days.

Bill
--
Bill Mayhew      NEOUCOM Computer Services Department
Rootstown, OH  44272-9995  USA    phone: 216-325-2511