Do you use a Pivot with A/UX?

Steve Lemke lemke at radius.com
Wed Oct 17 16:57:38 AEST 1990

[I hope this is not considered too "commercial" for Usenet...  I'm not trying
to sell anyone anything - I'm merely trying to see what people think about
Pivots and A/UX - it can only HELP those who have (or want to have) Pivots.]

If you have a Radius Pivot Display (or are thinking of buying one), and you
use (or will use) A/UX, I would appreciate it if you could answer the
following questions and send your reply to "Radius.QA" on AppleLink or
"lemke at radius.com" on Internet.

If you have a Pivot, would you like it to work in landscape mode under A/UX?
(No, this isn't a trick question...  :-)

Obviously, the best thing would be if it worked (flipped) under A/UX just as
it does under Mac OS, but if you had a choice between using it in Portrait
mode only (the way it currently is) or being able to at least boot in either
mode (but not switch once you've booted), which would you prefer?

If you don't yet have a Pivot, would you be more inclined to purchase one if
you could use it in either orientation under A/UX?  Even if you couldn't
flip on the fly?

Some background:  Obviously, the ideal solution would be for us to make
Pivot work under A/UX just as it does under Mac OS.  However, there is a
fair amount of work involved in making Pivot completely A/UX compatible,
and we're not sure that there are that many people using Pivots under A/UX
to make it worth all the work.  I believe that there may be a possibility
of at LEAST making Pivot work in landscape mode (if booted in that mode,
but it wouldn't flip), but I need A/UX user responses to back me up for
either case.

So, tell me what you think!  Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Lemke
Engineering Q.A.
Radius Inc.