New UUCP for A/UX?

Glenn Austin austin at spies.sf-bay.org
Mon Feb 4 12:08:31 AEST 1991

I have attempted to use the UUCP which came with A/UX 2.0, and it works fine
when logged in as UUCP, but fails (miserably!) when running in the background
because UUCICO doesn't correctly handle the options for files transferred.
It creates all files as mode 600, and then when UUX attempts to read them
(ie. to send mail), it can't access them, and you get returned error messages
and nothing gets sent to the recipient!  This is a BUG that basically makes
A/UX USELESS for UUCP, since you can't set up cron to call, and a feed can't
call you!
If anybody has access to the source for UUCP, I would really appreciate it if
you could send me a copy of it.

  Adv<Thanks>ance