Top 10 Most Frequent A/UX Questions?

sramtrc at windy.dsir.govt.nz sramtrc at windy.dsir.govt.nz
Wed Feb 6 16:00:25 AEST 1991

In article <2891 at redstar.cs.qmw.ac.uk>, liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk (William Roberts) writes:
> It looks to me as though comp.unix.aux is taking off, so I've been thinking

I wonder if comp.unix.aux without the "comp.unix." part is taking off as well.

> about doing a "Top 10 Most Frequent A/UX Questions" posting: the kind of

Doesn't "Top 10" and "most frequent" contain some redundancy in there somewhere?
How bout omitting the word "top". Shucks, why not omit the 10 as well.

I think it is a good idea. It won't stop people asking the questions but it's
still a good idea. And at least when people do ask the questions we can tell
them to RTFFAQ.

I have been thinking of writing more of my Tips, Hints, and Tricks for A/UX
(subtitled Facts, Facets, and Fallacies) using hints culled from the c.u.a
archives. This will not conflict with your FAQ list so no problem there.

I'll make a deal with you: If you do the FAQ list I'll do the THT list.
There is only one condition: I am not going to include any word in my THT's
that contains two consecutive u's. Someone else can do that. I don't know
anything about it, don't want to, and the archives are full of conflicts
anyway.

People are welcome to send me their favourite Tips, Hints, and Tricks to
sramtrc at albert.dsir.govt.nz. All those who contribute and attend a 90 minute
seminar are guaranteed to win a prize from category A below. All those who
contribute within 11 days and attend a 90 minute seminar will also win a
prize from category B.

category A                category B
a 1GB hard drive          a 21inch colour monitor with Apple 8.24 GC card
32 MB of RAM              a Mac IIfx
a Mac Tower               a 5GB 8mm tape drive

Every entry wins and if you don't send in an entry you don't win.

Tony Cooper
sramtrc at albert.dsir.govt.nz <- send to this address