Infocmp vs. Untic <was: infocmpDOWN 18>

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Thu Feb 7 11:57:40 AEST 1991

sramtrc at windy.dsir.govt.nz writes:

>What's the difference between untic and infocmp?
>Several tools like this are available from simtel20.arpa 26.2.0.74
>in the PD2: directory. I forget which subdirectory. They are probably
>originally from comp.sources.unix.

	Well, the newest untic I've been able to find is about four years
old and does not recognize many parameters  that have been added to terminfo
in the interim. infocmp is also a much more comprehensive tool with numerous
options. It can, for example, generate termCAP source, or generate verbose
parameter names in the source.