Setting up UUCP under A/UX 2.0

Eric Dittman dittman at skbat.csc.ti.com
Wed Feb 27 18:09:20 AEST 1991

I'm trying to set my A/UX 2.0 system for UUCP with no success.  I've followed
the directions in the manuals with no luck.  I've also tried a few things that
I thought wouldn't work, and no luck there, either.  I've been able to set the
system up to allow incoming calls, but I can't set the system up for outgoing
calls with cu (or kermit).  I have a 2400 baud modem on tty0 with the correct
cable.

My /usr/lib/uucp/L-devices:

DIR tty0 0 2400

My /usr/lib/uucp/L.sys:

site1 Any tty0 2400 "" "" ATDTxxxxxxx\r\ (rest of string deleted, since I'm
                                          not even getting this far)

I have uncommented the lines in sysinitrc so the following are executed:

/bin/chmod 666 /dev/tty0
/bin/chown daemon /dev/tty0
/bin/chgrp daemon /dev/tty0

I've tried:

00:2:off:/etc/getty tty0 at_2400 (and mo_2400)
do:2:off:/etc/getty tty0 at_2400 (and mo_2400)

and I've also tried combining these.  I've also tried the documented setup
to allow calls in both directions.

cu -ltty0 dir fails to make a connection, but the TR light on the modem does
come on, and after the attempt is about halfway to failing the TR flashes
once.

cu site1 gives the error that the device/destination is unknown.

So, what am I doing wrong?  Can anyone help?

Thanks
--
Eric Dittman
Texas Instruments - Component Test Facility
dittman at skitzo.csc.ti.com
dittman at skbat.csc.ti.com

Disclaimer:  I don't speak for Texas Instruments or the Component Test
             Facility.  I don't even speak for myself.