Yet another problem compiling perl

Steve Green steveg at ni.umd.edu
Wed Feb 6 08:06:33 AEST 1991

In article <2382 at taurus.BITNET> <shani%math.tau.ac.il at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU> writes:
>Hi,
>
>I still have problems compiling perl on aux. Now it won't link! it says:
>
>undefined               first referenced
> symbol                     in file
>rewinddir                       doio.o
>format                          eval.o
>do_write                        eval.o
>
>Any libraries I'm missing?
>
>O.S.
>
>BTW: thank to all those who answered my previous question. I'll send a summary
>of 'how to compile perl on AUX', once it works...

I just compiled perl and this is what I had to do.
	1.  Use the big compiler.  Tell Configure that the compiler flags
	    are -B/usr/lib/big/
	2.  Modify config.sh at the point where Configure says you can.
	    Make "i_dirent='define'" say "i_dirent='undef'".
	    (This is the rewinddir problem)

And that is it.  BTW, I got perl the source patched to level 44 from
prep.ai.mit.edu in pub/gnu.  Is this the latest?
Silica gel -- No not eat.				steveg at ni.umd.edu