Further Problems with Daystar Fast Cache IIci

brownrigg at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu brownrigg at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Fri Feb 22 07:28:52 AEST 1991

I have no answers but just wish to re-affirm John's problem.  I have a
DayStar as well, and have observed quirky behavior on login.  A difference is
that instead of some dialog box being continually redrawn, my system goes
through its normal routine - loading inits, etc, and at about the point
where it begins "mounting" disks on the desk top, the screen will clear to the
background pattern and then poof!,  I'm back to the login screen.  This happens
very rarely - I have always been able to login in immediately afterwards.

As an aside, I've not noticed a dramatic performance increase with the install-
ation of this card - not like I'd been lead to believe by discussions of
cache-memories with friends and experts.  I have a ray tracer I've developed,
and expected tremedous improvement there because it is so compute-bound.
Nope.

Rick Brownrigg