PBMPlus to MacPaint Problem

Bruce Barnett barnett at grymoire.crd.ge.com
Thu Feb 28 05:13:12 AEST 1991

I am looking for a way to go from the PBMPlus Raster Image format into
MacPaint. I used mactomacp, and checked it wuth xloadimage. Sure
enough - a MacPaint formated file.

Now how to I get it onto a Macintosh?

The MacBinary header is wrong. Sure enough, the sources of pbmtomacp
show the code trying to put the name of the file in the header, but
after setting the variable, it never uses it. So the header never has
the name of the file, let alone the creator, type, etc.

I even tried to Run MacX and capture the image, but it's too big.
(I guess that tells me a MacPaint format isn't going to work.)
Converting it into PostScript didn't work too well either.

Mayby I'll try GIF format. Anyone have an easy solution?  I was going
to look at fcnvt, and come up with a simple script for our generic
Unix machines here, but I can't remember where the source of fcnvt is
archived.  I didn't see it on the AUX.support.apple.com server.

I guess I'll dig up that copy of macbin.c and see if I can create a
script to convert it the right way. Maybe I'll patch pbmtomacp and fix it.
Can anyone save me some effort?
--
Bruce G. Barnett	barnett at crd.ge.com	uunet!crdgw1!barnett