MacOS Crash, can I recover easily?

arpp arpp at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca
Sat Feb 2 10:54:14 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb1.061204.320 at fog.ann-arbor.mi.us> brian at fog.ann-arbor.mi.us (Brian S. Schang) writes:
>Last night while running A/UX 2.0, specifically a MacOS program, the
>program hung.  If a program hangs, what can I do short of hitting
>reset?  Is there a key combination that I can use to force A/UX back
>to the Login: screen?  Will it eventually time out (if so, after how
>long)?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>--
>Brian S. Schang   N8FOG          brian at fog.ann-arbor.mi.us
>46131 Academy Drive              schang at caen.engin.umich.edu
>Plymouth, MI  48170-3519

You can hold down the Control and Command keys and hit "E" to terminate your
processes and return you to the Login Dialog Box. If you have MacsBug installed
you can hit Control-Command-I to get into MacsBug. From there you can manipulate
the MacO/S processes and/or kill the offending process "es" or log out "rb".

-ped-