A/UX and LaserWriter driver v. 6.0

arpp arpp at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca
Sat Feb 2 10:49:28 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan29.134335.8910 at informatik.uni-ulm.de> rindlenformatik.uni-ulm.de (Kurt Rindle) writes:
>Does anybody now, how I can use another LW driver with A/UX 2.0 than the
>one delivered with it. (i.e. v. 5.2 or so)
>It's because we have an AT network and every MacOS Macintosh uses the newer
>LW driver. This forces to reinitialize the printer over and over again.
>I tried it by creating a Personal Systemfolder and changing the link to a
>new LW 6.0 driver from the German SSW 6.05. But it didn't work. I also tried
>to use another LaserPrep.
>Does anybody have experienes with that subject?
>
>Help!!
>
>--
>Kurt Rindle

You can use any LaserWriter print driver. I am using the System 7b2 print
drivers to match the other folks in this work area. The trick (with the
System 7 stuff anyway) was to bring the LaserWriter, Laser Prep, and the
PrintMonitor for that rev. level. I don't think that this is as important
for the 5.2 to 6.0 versions. I would do what you did, make a personal System
Folder, but then I would remove the LaserWriter driver and copy the new
version of LaserWriter into your System Folder. There is a know problem. Make
sure that you choose a printer, any printer, from a login that uses the
global System Folder before you make a personal System Folder and try to
print.

Also, make sure that you log out and then back in again to make your
personal System Folder the "blessed" System Folder.

-ped-