My default gateway won't stick

Richard Todd rmtodd at servalan.uucp
Thu Feb 7 11:21:33 AEST 1991

kleinow at caen.engin.umich.edu (leonard kleinow) writes:

>It seems that my default gateway goes away every time I logout.
>I log on as root, type "route add default 141.211.204.1 1", and then
>everything is peachy.  But when I log out and log back in again,
>then try to telnet anywhere, I get "Network is unreachable." and must
>add the default gateway again.

>What file is the route command referencing? How can I make the add command
>"stick"?

Route isn't referencing any file.  It just modifies the routing table in the
kernel memory.  To make it "stick", just add the "route add ..." command you'd
ordinarily type to the end of the shell script /etc/rc, which is automatically
executed every time the system boots.
Richard Todd	rmtodd at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu  rmtodd at chinet.chi.il.us
	rmtodd at servalan.uucp
Motorola Skates On Intel's Head!