Brief Lookalike Editor On Unix

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Fri Jan 11 14:37:48 AEST 1991

As quoted from <1991Jan9.195507.23848 at aplcen.apl.jhu.edu> by tcs at mailer.jhuapl.edu (Carl Schelin):
+---------------
| In article <190 at dmdev.UUCP>, rohit at dmdev.UUCP (Rohit Mehrotra) says:
| >
|        < stuff deleted about Crisp, probably a great editor for Unix >
| >
| >Any programmer from the DOS world would be able to tell more about it.
| >It is the largest selling editor in the DOS world. Cut and Paste, Formatting
| >etc is very simple in this editor, as it does not use two modes.
|
| Sorry to disappoint you, but I can't stand Brief. I perfer using QEdit for
| all of my work. Simple but effective. I once watched someone trying to
| set it up and he eventually had to expand his environment to 3096 bytes.

I prefer Emacs myself --- but save the editor wars for some other newsgroup.
Or, better, mail.

What was that "*now* available", anyway?  There are *two* versions of CRISP
for Unix in the comp.sources.misc archives, both fairly old by now --- it's by
no means a new program.

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN