Brief Lookalike Editor On Unix

Don Allen dona at vicstoy.UUCP
Sat Jan 12 11:25:44 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan9.195507.23848 at aplcen.apl.jhu.edu> tcs at mailer.jhuapl.edu (Carl Schelin) writes:
>In article <190 at dmdev.UUCP>, rohit at dmdev.UUCP (Rohit Mehrotra) says:
>>

>       < stuff deleted about Crisp, probably a great editor for Unix >
>

>>Any programmer from the DOS world would be able to tell more about it.
>>It is the largest selling editor in the DOS world. Cut and Paste, Formatting
>>etc is very simple in this editor, as it does not use two modes.

>>--
>>Rohit Mehrotra
>>Fleet Credit Corporation
>>8325 NW 53rd St, Miami, Fl 33166.
>>E-MAIL Address uunet!dmdev!rohit VOICE 1-(305)-477-0390 Ext 469
>
>Sorry to disappoint you, but I can't stand Brief. I perfer using QEdit for
>all of my work. Simple but effective. I once watched someone trying to
>set it up and he eventually had to expand his environment to 3096 bytes.
>
>Of course, this is only my opinion and I do not represent in any sense
>of the word "Any programmer". ;-)
>
>No thanks... (but thanks anyway :-)
>
>Carl Schelin
>tcs at mailer.jhuapl.edu

Although I have both vi and Qedit on my pc at work, I absolutely love
the EASY way in which QEdit works..

Simple to use, easy to understand and as close as intuitive for a DOS
machine with it's "pop-up" menus.

Highly recommended and easily configurable to a custom setup.

Available  on just about any IBM BBS anywheres.

-Don-

--

Don Allen                                      // Amiga is it!
USnail: 1818G Landing Dr, Sanford Fl 32771   \X/