Login and loginrc

Jim Jagielski jim at jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 22 21:59:34 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan21.071207.3327 at csun.edu> mst at secs.csun.edu (Mike Temkin) writes:
}In article <2679 at dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov> jim at jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov (Jim Jagielski) writes:
}>
}>Okay, I hate to say this, but I really don't like the Mac-Type Login
}>dialog box (for 1 thing, I don't like losing the boot-up info, /dev/oldmsgs
}>only holds stuff up to the *rc files). Of course, there are two ways to
}>avoid this, either change the mode of /mac/bin/Login to 700 or else edit
}>/etc/inittab and replace the call to /etc/loginrc to getty (I've opted for
}>the 2'nd, I don't like that stuff in sulog when loginrc is run :).
}>
}>           Jim Jagielski
}
}After you login as root, bring up the console window (cmd-0) while
}in the commandshell.  It has the messages in it.
}

I'm almost sure I've tried this, but commandshell console, I'm almost sure,
just mimics whats in /dev/oldmsgs... this is NOT a complete representation of
what is printed when the system is booted (i.e. all echos in /etc/*rc* )...

#include <std/disclaimer.h>
                                 =:^)
           Jim Jagielski                    NASA/GSFC, Code 711.1
     jim at jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov               Greenbelt, MD 20771

"Exploding is a perfectly normal medical phenomenon. In many fields of
 medicine nowadays, a dose of dynamite can do a world of good."