A/UX crashes when started...

Anders Ulfheden ulfis at nada.kth.se
Thu Jan 10 09:29:15 AEST 1991

We have A/UX version 2.0 running on a CI with 8 megs and EtherPort II ethernet
card with version 1.1 driver. All fine.

After experimenting with network subnetting I can't restart the machine.
I have tried to restore the configuration files for domainname and netaddr.
According to boot messages the network configuration seems ok again.

During boot process everything seems fine; all commands in /etc/rc are executed
without errors. After this the mouse hangs, garbage is displayed in menubar.

I have the A/UX console up during boot, but the garbage described above doen't
appear in console window. I have also tried to boot the machine with
launch -sv (verbose option), but then the machine restarts instead of halting.

Is there any way to start vi before launch command (I have noticed the ed
command but doesn't know the ed commands) so that I can edit files?

Is there any way to boot the machine in single-user mode?

Any help appreciated.