less vs man under a/ux

William Roberts; liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Fri Jan 11 23:49:16 AEST 1991

In <37824 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:

>I've compiled the EXACT same version of less (ver.5) to run under all of SysV
>on my 3B1 systems, HP-UX 3.* and 7.*, A/UX 2.0, etc. and it works PERFECTLY
>with "man" as $PAGER on all of them.  Note, though, I had to "fix" termcap and
>terminfo under A/UX for proper VT100/VT200 support (since most my usage is
>over the serial or net ports since I dislike the glare on the Apple monitors),
>but no change was required to use the Mac's console.

I'd be interested in the termcap and terminfo fixes for proper VT100/VT200
support (could these make it into A/UX 2.0.1 please someone?).

When you compiled less did you do it for "A/UX 2.0 as a SysV system" or "A/UX
2.0 as a BSD system" (or even "A/UX 2.0 as a POSIX system)? What A/UX specific
#defines and libraries do you instinctively reach for when you first try
compiling a new system?

William Roberts                 ARPA: liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Queen Mary & Westfield College  UUCP: liam at qmw-cs.UUCP
Mile End Road                   AppleLink: UK0087
LONDON, E1 4NS, UK              Tel:  071-975 5250 (Fax: 081-980 6533)