Chooser and AT Phase 2

E. Neely Atkinson an12365 at mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu
Sat Jan 5 08:38:59 AEST 1991

I am running A/UX on a Mac II. I use Ethertalk and connect
to the local Appletalk network through a FastPath. This
morning the network switched to Appletalk Phase 2; now
things have gotten strange for me. When I first tried to print
a file using lpr, the system couldn't find the Laserwriter; I
then noticed it was searching under the old zone name. I used the
Chooser to reselect the printer under the new name. Then I
could print from Mac applications, but the CommandShell still
used the old name. I used at_cho_prn to select the printer, and
was able to use lpr. Now, however, when I switch printers using
the Chooser, this information is passed on to Mac applications, but
not to the CommandShell. Can anyone give me any help here?
Where is the name of the default printer stored by the Chooser?

Thanks for any and all help.

E. Neely Atkinson
an12365 at mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu