Announcing MacX 1.1 and X Window System 2.1

Josh Hodas hodas at saul.cis.upenn.edu
Thu Jan 10 11:48:58 AEST 1991

In article <4580 at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au> pnm at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Paul Menon) writes:
>In article <11684 at goofy.Apple.COM>, abm at alan.aux.apple.com (Alan Mimms) writes:
>> Announcing the availability later this month (January, 1991) of MacX 1.1,
>> an update to the popular X11 server for the Macintosh from Apple, and the
>> X Window System for A/UX version 2.1, an update to the complete X11R4
>> developmer and user environment for A/UX 2.0 and later.  The announcement
>> ceremonies for MacX 1.1 and X Window System for A/UX 2.1 are being held
>> at MacWorld in San Francisco this week, and at UniForum in Dallas later
>> this month.
>

>Great, does this means A/UX 2.1 is [due] out this month as well?
>
>Anyone?
>
>Thanx,
>Paul Menon
>pnm at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au

I think you misunderstand the name/version-number associativity rules.

This is an announcement of:

	(X Window System for A/UX) 2.1

Not:
	X Window System for (A/UX 2.1)

If it were an announcement of the latter we'd really be in trouble, since
we are still waiting for A/UX 2.01, let alone 2.1

Josh
Josh Hodas    		Home Phone:	     (215) 222-7112
4223 Pine Street	School Office Phone: (215) 898-9514
Philadelphia, PA 19104	New E-Mail Address:  hodas at saul.cis.upenn.edu