Announcing MacX 1.1 and X Window System 2.1

Alan Mimms abm at alan.aux.apple.com
Thu Jan 10 11:58:12 AEST 1991

In article <4580 at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au>, pnm at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Paul Menon) writes:
|> In article <11684 at goofy.Apple.COM>, abm at alan.aux.apple.com (Alan Mimms) writes:
|> > Announcing the availability later this month (January, 1991) of MacX 1.1,
|> > an update to the popular X11 server for the Macintosh from Apple, and the
|> > X Window System for A/UX version 2.1, an update to the complete X11R4
|> > developmer and user environment for A/UX 2.0 and later.  The announcement
|> > ceremonies for MacX 1.1 and X Window System for A/UX 2.1 are being held
|> > at MacWorld in San Francisco this week, and at UniForum in Dallas later
|> > this month.
|>

|> Great, does this means A/UX 2.1 is [due] out this month as well?

A/UX 2.0.1 has been announced.  It is scheduled to ship by the end of the
current calendar quarter (1Q91).  Note that the product "X Window System for
A/UX" is what is up to version 2.1 -- not A/UX itself!

--

Alan Mimms (alan at apple.com, ...!apple!alan)   | My opinions are generally
A/UX X group                                  | pretty worthless, but