Running out of swap space?

Kent Sandvik ksand at Apple.COM
Mon Jan 21 11:07:29 AEST 1991

In article <22762 at well.sf.ca.us> espen at well.sf.ca.us (Peter Espen) writes:

>	I have a 26K block partition on my A/UX 2.0 system. Why
>do I start getting out of swap space errors to the console
>when a swap -l command shows that I have 13K blocks of
>free swap space?

The swap space is used all the time, for instace a big process
(X Server or something similar) has to be swapped out, however
there's not enough space for the swap. In most cases one needs
to create more swap space, either on the same or another hard disk
drive. There is no such thing as virtual memory.

Regards,
Kent Sandvik

--
Kent Sandvik, Apple Computer Inc, Developer Technical Support
NET:ksand at apple.com, AppleLink: KSAND  DISCLAIMER: Private mumbo-jumbo