After Dark 2.0 strangeness

Doug Gosciak gosciak at muondev.uucp
Mon Jan 14 13:00:46 AEST 1991

>In article <9321 at ge-dab.ge.com> gbass at zeus.dnet.ge.com (Jerry Bass) writes:
>>      Does anyone know why I get the following error from A/UX when AD 2.0
>>trys to kick in?
>>                      unsupported csCODE: 8
>>      I thought AD 2.0t and A/UX 2.0 were compatible?

>The 'GetGamma' and 'SetGamma' csCodes were not implemented in A/UX 2.0.
>At least SetGamma is fixed in 2.0.1. The error code above should disappear
>anyway.

>Regards,
>Kent Sandvik

>--
>Kent Sandvik, Apple Computer Inc, Developer Technical Support
>NET:ksand at apple.com, AppleLink: KSAND  DISCLAIMER: Private mumbo-jumbo
>Zippy++ says: "C++, anything less is BCPL..."

Interesting! When I first installed AD 2.0 in a private System folder in my user acct I
had this
same problem. However, after it seemed to work in all other respects I moved it to the
real system folder shared by all users and the above problem went away.

Just yesterday, 1/7/91, I tried to use the Kolor ctrl panel device and A/UX crashed.
Upon reboooting and continuously since then, thru a couple other reboots, I now have thi
problem back again! Any comments? Why did it work for a while and then stop? Are file
permissions involved? Can anyone explain why Kolor which worked before now locks up all
but the
mouse? I do have SunDesk also installed if that matters.