A/UX SCSI driver?

david.ladd ladd at cbnewsc.att.com
Sat May 4 01:22:15 AEST 1991

I recently got silverlining 5.28, which I like a lot. After partitioning for
A/UX, which I plan to get soon, I started playing with the read/write loops
options to see if I could solve a nagging problem with writes to the drive
(copying from my internal HD to his new drive causes write errors about
once every 10MB). I finally settled on a slightly faster read loop, and
a substantially slower, but seemingly reliable, write loop.  My question
is this -- will A/UX use the silverlining driver? If not, what kind of
"read/write loops" will the A/UX driver use? Is the A/UX driver configurable
in terms of what transfer loops it uses, assuming it exists?