A/UX SCSI driver?

Kent Sandvik, 120dB or more ksand at Apple.COM
Sun May 5 13:28:25 AEST 1991

In article <1991May3.152215.19034 at cbnewsc.att.com> ladd at cbnewsc.att.com (david.ladd) writes:
>I recently got silverlining 5.28, which I like a lot. After partitioning for
>A/UX, which I plan to get soon, I started playing with the read/write loops
>options to see if I could solve a nagging problem with writes to the drive
>(copying from my internal HD to his new drive causes write errors about
>once every 10MB). I finally settled on a slightly faster read loop, and
>a substantially slower, but seemingly reliable, write loop.  My question
>is this -- will A/UX use the silverlining driver? If not, what kind of
>"read/write loops" will the A/UX driver use? Is the A/UX driver configurable
>in terms of what transfer loops it uses, assuming it exists?

Surprise, surprise, A/UX will not use the MacOs drive stored on the hard
disk. Instead it has it's own general SCSI hard disk device driver.

We are trying to document a lot of issues concerning MacOS and A/UX
SCSI hard disk issues at DTS, you will expect to see a Tech Note or
so, let us say, real soon now.

Kent Sandvik

--
Kent Sandvik, DTS Rock Lobster
Disclaimer: I am not working with Public Relations.