Setting up A/UX (was Re: A/UX SCSI driver?)

William Roberts; liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Fri May 17 19:59:31 AEST 1991

>So Apple has made configuration
>as easy as I think they can. Fiddly bits such as editing /etc/hosts,
>/etc/resolv.conf, ... (including that dastardly sendmail.cf) are difficult
>to automate.

In the "dastardly sendmail.cf" war, the EASE software helps you win!
EASE is a package of stuff to translate sendmail.cf files into something that
looks like a high-level language and back again. If nothing else, it removes
the danger of making tiny syntax errors in the sendmail.cf file.

I send back some patches to EASE 3.0 so that it works under A/UX (they were
small: an uninitialised variable, free(0) considered harmful): I think I
noticed EASE 3.1 on one of the FTP servers at Apple, but I can't find it
now....

Disclaimer: I don't have to do sendmail "for real".

Is there anyone out there with comments on EASE, including where to FTP it
from? It was written and posted to alt.sources by Bruce Barnett
<barnett at crdqw1.ge.com>.

William Roberts                 Internet:  liam at dcs.qmw.ac.uk
Queen Mary & Westfield College  UUCP:      liam at qmw-dcs.UUCP
Mile End Road                   AppleLink: UK0087
LONDON, E1 4NS, UK              Tel:  +44 71-975 5234 (Fax: +44 81-980 6533)