2.0.1 update error

Kent Sandvik, 120dB or more ksand at Apple.COM
Wed May 1 12:13:33 AEST 1991

In article <3072 at redstar.cs.qmw.ac.uk> liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk (William Roberts;) writes:

>1) Can A/UX 2.0 binaries complied with -lc_s or -lmac_s be used under
>   the CD-ROM distribution of A/UX 2.0.1?
>
>2) Can A/UX 2.0.1 binaries compiled with lc_s or -lmac_s be used with
>   the original A/UX 2.0 distribution?
>
>3) If either compatibility mode fails, how can we use something like "find" to
>   identify all the out-of-date binaries?

Somehow it feels like I'm sticking my head to a beehive, but let's see
if I manage to get out with no flaming hear.

A/UX 2.0.1 contains two new versions of shared libraries: libc1_s and libmac1_s.
If you want to run A/UX 2.0.1 binaries under 2.0 compiled with shared library
flag, put these new shared libraries to the 2.0 system. That's it.
Or compile binaries with no shared library support, and they run under 2.0.

The old shared libraries from 2.0 are supported under 2.0.1, so 2.0 binaries
should run with not problems.

Shared libraries are fun, as long as vendors don't insert new functions
that the old libraries do not contain.

Kent Sandvik

--
Kent Sandvik, DTS Rock Lobster
Disclaimer: I am not working with Public Relations.