gcc with -g option produces unreadable(via sdb or gdb) symbols

Brad Taylor taylor at ddtg.com
Fri May 3 07:22:22 AEST 1991

 We have been experiencing some problems in our evaluation of the Apple port
of gcc. When our code is compiled using the "-g" option, the symbol table
info seems to get corrupted. The messages are something like this:

When using sdb..."Warning: '<filename>' not compiled with -g option"

When using gdb..."main is not a function"

Has anyone out there experienced these problems, or can anyone lend some
info regarding these errors? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
We have noticed a four fold increase in compile speed with gcc as opposed
to the native A/UX cc. We are running A/UX 2.0 by the way.
--
--Brad Taylor                         | FJ1200...No AMA number yet!
  Sys Admin                           | My opinions are my own, not DuPont's...