mounting MacOS drives

Lawrence Reed Miller lrm3 at ellis.uchicago.edu
Wed May 8 02:56:00 AEST 1991

In article <1991May7.034238.5297 at mcs.drexel.edu> tjferrar at queen.drexel.edu (Jason Ferrara) writes:
>I've just installed A/UX 2.0.1 on my Mac II, and, well, here's my problem.
>I have a SyQuest 44meg removable drive. How can I get MacOS formatted
>cartridges to show up under the A/UX finder? I don't need to support switching
>cardtridges. If the OS thinks the disk is just a fixed hard disk, that's fine.
>Any help would be appreciated. I'm really confused here.

I have a SyQuest drive from PLI that I am currently using under A/UX.  The
formatter that it was shipped with did not support A/UX.  I am currently
using SilverLining from LaCie to format my SyQuest drive, and it works fine.
I would suggest that you either call up whomever made your drive and ask if
there is an A/UX compatible formatter, or if they don't have a formatter
that supports A/UX, get a copy of SilverLining.  With SilverLining you can
put A/UX partitions on the disk, as well as MacOS partitions.

Disclaimer: no, I don't work for LaCie; I'm just a satisfied customer.

Hope this helps,
Lawrence Miller