Bus error on Mac fx booting A/UX

Phillip Porch root at theporch.raidernet.com
Tue May 7 12:52:48 AEST 1991

I recently upgraded to a mac fx. I have a rodime 144 Meg HD internal and a
quantum 210 Meg HD external. I have the scsi filter installed on the rodime
drive (supplied with the upgrade package) and a black terminator on the lat
device in the scsi chain. I have had times of getting a bus error at the
point in the a/ux boot where it would normally say loading. It has bee as
bad as having to reboot up to 8 times to get a start, and recently, I have
rebooted 4 or 5 times in a row without a hitch. I put macsbug 6.2 in the
startup drive system folder (Quantum) and find that it dies in one place
every time. I get the following message from macsbug:

Bus Error @ 4080A2D4 _VRemove+0054

while reading word from 6DB6DB77 in Supervisor data space.

The machine is still in a 24 bit memory mode at that point.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Recently, I attached another drive to my system and had to move
the scsi cables after doing that, I have only had one bus error show up in
about 5 reboots. Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

I will post a summary of the information at a later date.
--
Phillip Porch 	(root at theporch.raidernet.com)
UUCP 			!uunet!mjbtn!raider!theporch!root