A/UX and tape drives

Hartmut Semken hase at netmbx.UUCP
Sun May 5 02:22:48 AEST 1991

mm5l+ at andrew.cmu.edu (Matthew Mashyna) writes:
>I've come across an old Sun tape drive; it's a wantek, 3M cartridge style
>with a scsi adapter. Does anyone know if I can connect it and expect it
>to work under A/UX ?
>Do I need a special driver ? How would I configure my system ? Yes I am
>a unix bonehead ;-)

The WangTek 6130 FS drive is supported by the FWB hammerTape driver,
that is availeble commercially - here in Germany.

The driver is a bit stupid (to emulate the Apple Tape Backup 40) but is
said to work.

A related thing: I'm looking for a driver that supports the Tandberg
Data TDC 3640 drive (120 MB). TDC 3660 or 3620 drvers should work...

hase
--
Hartmut Semken, Lupsteiner Weg 67, 1000 Berlin 37 hase at netmbx.UUCP
Hi! (Zaphod Beeblebrox)