NFS / Printer client questions

Fisher scfisher at oasys.dt.navy.mil
Tue May 14 05:41:52 AEST 1991

In article <9105121837.AA01075 at melmac.umd.edu> steveg at melmac.umd.edu (Steve Green) writes:

|>In article <1991May12.161032.9798 at wam.umd.edu> writes:
|>>Some questions regarding an A/UX 2.0 set up as an NFS client:

|>>2> Can MAC applications print directly to a remote postscript printer
|>>   that's in A/UX's printcap file?
|>
|>	3.  There is something on afsg.apple.com that will let you print to
|>	lpr from the MacOS side.  However, I think that only this mac will be
|>	able to do so.  (Unless you have other AUX machines that are also
|>	capable of running this).  ftp afsg.apple.com:pub/aux.writer2.0.tar.Z

aux.writer tends to bomb on us and lock up Multifinder, and we end up loosing
files.  Right now, its so bad that if I brought in another Mac A/UX, my
co-workers would string me up.  I bought A/UX so we could easily share
disk space and printers with our other workstations, but people are afraid
to use it.

-steve