A/UX questions

Glenn L. Austin glenn at gla-aux.uucp
Thu May 2 16:45:39 AEST 1991

Besides the two problems I'm having with A/UX (StyleWriter 57.6Kbaud and
AppleTalk never getting turned off), I am curious as to whether I can
ditch the install.d and uninstall.d folders in /etc.  I don't see any reason
beyond reconfiguring the kernel to keep them, so I would like to ditch as
much as possible so that I can have 40MB free for news.  Anybody know for
sure as to whether I can ditch the /etc/*.d folders?  Anybody know why
the TrueType init causes Commando to hang?  How about what to patch for
the AppleTalk and 57.6Kbaud problems?

adv<THANKS>ance