How much is a cray ??

Dennis Ellis dre at sequoia.cray.com
Tue Jun 4 03:16:15 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun3.034841.25633 at marlin.jcu.edu.au> cpmwc at marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) writes:

>Not that I'm going to buy one, but how much does the Cray cost ??

  Why not? We could sign you up for one right now, if you want.

>What are the system configurations and hardware specs ?

  The system configurations are (roughly):

    XMS      about $300,000
    YMP-EL   about $400,000 to $1,000,000
    YMP2E    about $2,000,000 to 5,000,000
    YMP4E    about $4,000,000 to 10,000,000
    YMP8I    about $15,000,000
    YMP8E    about $20,000,000

  These are ranges (obviously) and approximate prices (depending on the
details of the configurations and add-ons)

  For more details or more accurate pricing, see your local Cray salesperson.
But this should give you some idea of where the various models fall in the
pricing scheme.