How much is a cray ??

Steve Lamont slamont at network.ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 4 05:52:10 AEST 1991

In article <MCCALPIN.91Jun3142209 at pereland.cms.udel.edu> mccalpin at perelandra.cms.udel.edu (John D. McCalpin) writes:
>I have never seen a technical summary of the models XMS or Y/MP-EL.
>
>What are their vital statistics?
>
>If the XMS is really X/MP compatible, then I guess all I need is the
>clock speed.  If not, what is the maximum sustainable memory bandwidth
>from main memory to vector registers?

The XMS is the Supertek S-1 in Cray clothing.  40 nSec clock.  Somewhere around
a quarter of a single X/MP head.

>Ditto for the YMP/EL.

Dunno about that one -- I had notes from the dog and pony CRI put on a few
weeks ago but can't seem to find them.  About 1/4 of a Y/MP rings a bell but
I could be making that up.  Cray-ons?

							spl (the p stands for
							probably comes with a
							hand crank instead of
							a bench seat...)
--
Steve Lamont, SciViGuy -- (408) 646-2752 -- a guest at network.ucsd.edu --
NPS Confuser Center / Code 51 / Naval Postgraduate School / Monterey, CA 93943