Are these ISC X11 problems fixed?

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Wed Aug 29 21:19:38 AEST 1990

In article <21681 at grebyn.com> ckp at grebyn.UUCP (Checkpoint Technologies) writes:
>I have a few problems with the current ISC X11 stuff.  I'm running ISC X
>1.0, and I know it's at least one rev behind. I wonder about newer
>Interactive X11 versions.  Specifically:

The current release is 1.2

>  o My Caps lock and Num lock appear to have no effect.  My meager
>research (using xev) seems to indicate they're mapped to the right
>keysyms.

Fixed in 1.1.  Don't know about the rest of your problems.

>I'd like to know if later versions of ISC X11 have addressed these.  And
>I'd sure be interested in X11R4 too.

Not yet.  Anyway, the big plus for X11r4 is the optimized server which is
something ISC has already done with X11r3, so there won't be a big advantage
with going to X11r4.  I believe they (ISC) will be adding X11r4 functionality
to thier servers as time permits.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170