TIOCGWINSZ & SIGWINCH: who needs 'em?

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Wed Aug 22 04:26:59 AEST 1990

While compiling a new software package (trn), I was again stung by
the fact that the definition of TIOCGWINSZ in my ESIX system led the
software to believe I had "struct winsize" defined.  Other incorrect
assumptions were made based on the definition of SIGWINCH.  I ended
up having to edit the source files and #undef these two constants to
get the package to compile.

Is there any reason that these constants are defined in a System
V/386 system?  Are they actually supported?  So many times, I have
seen people on the net running into problems because of these two.
Is there any reason I shouldn't just comment them out of the system
include files?
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)