386/ix VP/ix problems (Wp 5.1, file truncation)

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM
Mon Aug 27 19:59:26 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug25.233211.10401 at nstar.uucp> larry at nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) writes:
>heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com writes:
>>I'm wondering if the version of VP/ix (1.2?) that I have at home
>>is like the one at work on the Sun/386i's, where the C: drive
>>"grows" as needed to accomodate new stuff...
>
>Yes - but I haven't found a way to decrease the size of the
>C drive after removing files --

Jeez, I just posted this, doesn't anyone read the articles?

 1. Create a new pseudo-volume by copying 'cdisk' to something like 'NEWD:'.

 2. Edit your 'vpix.cnf' to point C: to your new D pseudo-volume, and D: to
your old one.

 3. Boot Simul-Task with this configuration -- if your old D: was not
bootable, you may need to boot from floppy with 'dos -b'.

 4. Use XCOPY to copy all the files from D: to C:.

 5. Quit DOS and rename NEWD: to D:, deleting the old one.

 6. Re-edit your 'vpix.cnf' to restore the settings for C: and D:.

--
    For the curious:            +---+     Tom Neff
Here's what RS-232 pins do!   ==|:::|==   tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM