Copying DOS files to SCO UNIX

wolf paul wnp at iiasa.AT
Fri Aug 31 19:27:44 AEST 1990

In article <1635 at sixhub.UUCP> davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
)| DOS-merge is generally better than VPIX, no flame please!!
)
)  Since I run both, I can tell you that the choice is clear, you run
)both. The performance of VP/ix is far better in graphics modes when
)running direct to the screen. Programs which write screen direct run
)much faster under VP/ix. On the other hand, when you want to run DOS in
)an X-window, a prime thing to do for me, you use merge.
)
)  I think I would use VP/ix if I had to choose, but they both have their
)strong points.

Is it possible to run both on the same system, i.e. can they both
co-exist under, say, ISC 386/ix 2.2?? And if so, where does one get
Merge for ISC?

--
Wolf N. Paul, IIASA, A - 2361 Laxenburg, Austria, Europe
PHONE: +43-2236-71521-465     FAX: +43-2236-71313      UUCP: uunet!iiasa.at!wnp